Technological innovation seems to be accelerating, especially when it comes to smart, connected technology. It is hard to keep up with all these opportunities, let alone seize them. Selecting the best suited technology for your specific problem is already a challenge. That is why Flanders Make, imec and Sirris teamed up to support companies with the adoption of smart, connected technologies in their products and solutions.
The project brought together a team of domain experts helping over 140 companies (SMEs) with technological advice, industrial cases, demonstrations and masterclasses on the following topics, which are considered the building blocks of Industry 4.0:
- Low-cost sensors and virtual sensors
- Rapid-prototyping control hardware, model-based control and low-cost platforms
- Wireless communication
- Condition monitoring and machine diagnosis
- Vision-based techniques for feature recognition
Wondering how your company can benefit from these? Participate and discuss directly with other companies and with experts Flanders Make, imec and Sirris.
Presentations will be in Dutch, slides in English.
12h00 Registration and sandwich lunch
13h00 Overview of the Mechatronics 4.0 project (Stijn Gielis, Sirris)
13h30 Results of industrial cases at companies that participated in the Mechatronics 4.0 project :
- Econation - Towards a smarter, fully autonomous LightCatcher, Tom Denuwelaere
- Delta Engineering - Feasibility study of a smarter leakage detection, Kris Clompen
- ABC - Feasibility study Vision Based Mist Monitoring, Koen Christianen
14h40 Demos (and coffee break)
Several demonstrators and results from company cases
15h15 Mechatronics 4.0 Masterclass - Machine Vision: the key enabler for SMEs to automate their quality inspection in a cost-effective way (Flanders Make)
15h45 Mechatronics 4.0 Masterclass - Wireless Communication in industrial/challenging environments: overview of applicable wireless technologies (Jeroen Hoebeke, imec/IDLab UGent)
16h15 Wrap-up and concluding message
16h30 Networking drink
Price and registration
free for members of Sirris, Flanders Make and Agoria
non-members: 75 euro (VAT excluded)