Test infrastructure for thermal systems
To test your thermal systems and their components we offer a fully instrumented ORC system drivetrain (Organic Rankine Cycle).
We provide services and access to our infrastructure for thermal systems and their components. We have a fully instrumented ORC system drivetrain (Organic Rankine Cycle) available including:
- a generator, expander and pump;
- a heat sink and variable heat source;
- a heat pump system.
We have dedicated setups available to evaluate the heat transfer of heat exchangers, cooling plates and heat pipes:
- a wind tunnel for heat transfer and pressure drop measurements;
- a water tunnel for flow visualization experiments;
- a setup for the determination and visualisation of flow regime and void fraction in tubes.
Finally, we are able to perform thermal conductivity measurements and we have a climate chamber available.
ORC system with
- Electric thermal oil heater
- 0-250 kWth, max T 350°C
- water-glycol cooling loop (air cooled) cond T ambient to ca 120°C
- 11kWe nominal electric power ORC test setup
- centrifugal pump test rig
- thermal imaging camera
- flue gas analyser
Specifications of our other setups
- a guarded hot plate method (ISO8302 and NBN B62-201)
- a parallel hotwire method (NBN B62-202)
- a climate chamber (control of temperature and humidity) of 150 x 150 x 150cm³
What do we offer?
We offer the test rigs for:
- Evaluation of the performance of ORC systems, including its components
- Evaluation of heat transfers of heat exchangers, cooling plates and heat pipes
- Thermal conductivity measurements