Timely identification of geometrical quality problems, at the stage that corrective measures are still possible without losing parts.
- Generic solutions for monitoring:
- Different parts and environments;
- Different production technologies.
- Measurements without causing production delays.
- Expected feedback should allow for process adjustment eliminating the quality problems to stay in tolerance.
Unfortunately, we encounter technological barriers upon finding a solution:
- For Data capturing it is hard to:
- Obtain in-process part access for different production environments;
- Measure dynamically: changing geometry and non-rigid parts;
- Cover a wide variety of part geometries.
- Part representation is challenging due to:
- Constant and fast geometry changes;
- Incomplete input due to partial (re)measurement;
- Time constraints requiring economical use of data.
- Decision support requires:
- Analytical tools comparing real data with reference models;
- Compensation for process related factors such as temperature and forces;
- Taking into account process parameters adjustment capabilities.
With this project we will develop a quality assurance approach for geometrical verification of part accuracy. The detailed goals are:
- Dynamic 3D part geometry reconstruction based on process and metrology data;
- Digital twin containing information relevant for part accuracy assessment;
- Data analysis and control input preparation.
ACCUPART_SBO is a Strategic Basic Research (SBO) project. We are looking for companies to join the User Group and work with us on the valorisation of the project.
Interested? Complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.