There is a need in the industry for affordable permanent instrumentation for monitoring, control, regulation and decision making. Unfortunately, instrumentation, implementation and processing in machinery is often an ad hoc and disconnected process. In addition, due to pricing and lack of robustness a lot of machinery has very limited instrumentation.
With this project we want to achieve an industrial breakthrough limiting the threshold for machine instrumentation by:
- decreasing the effort/cost by making a streamlined co-design process;
- ensuring a reliable and accurate solution exploiting sensor fusion and online processing techniques on embedded devices;
- applying a data reduction to capture only relevant metrics.
This project aims to develop and apply design methods for instrumenting machinery. In particular we aim to deliver:
- A design methodology from requirement definition to valid prototype with accounting for mechanical, sensor, signal processing embedded domain
- A method to efficiently describe component topology accounting for functional properties, sensor sensitivity and spacing constraints
- A method for sensor accuracy/robustness enhancement through sensor arrays
- A method for error quantification/minimization from sensor processing to embedded output
- A set of demonstrators to validate the design approach
Design4SmartSensing_SBO is a Strategic Basic Research (SBO) project. We are looking for companies to join the User Group and work with us on the valorisation of the project.
Interested? Complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.