Take the technical lead in innovative projects and ensure industry relevance
With a team of researchers you make technological breakthroughs happen in the manufacturing industry.
As a Technical Project Manager you steer the execution of industry-driven technology research projects.
With a high-level view, you:
- take the technical lead and encourage the researchers of several Flanders Make Core Labs to look for new solutions;
- build a collective ambition with all stakeholders for the determined project; relevant user groups (Automotive and Machine Building Companies), and knowledge partners (Research Labs at Partner Universities);
- drive for an excellent execution and lead the project team;
- ensure that project results are relevant for industry and excellent (scientific).
In infrastructure projects you also build up research infrastructure.
"As a technical project manager, you spend time discussing and challenging people. In the project I get really enthusiastic when we are trying different things. I learned never to make conclusions in a premature phase. … I give input to challenge researchers and make sure we are looking beyond the current possibilities."
Click here for the testimonial of Abdel, Technical Project Manager since 2012 @Flanders Make
- A PhD or Master degree in a relevant technical domain;
- At least 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in research and/or on innovative product or production technologies in an academic or industrial context;
- Project management skills;
- The ability to build sustainable relations with different stakeholders;
- Coaching skills for knowledge workers;
- Organizational Sensitivity;
- Good communication skills and flexibility, depending on different team constellations.
"Working together with so many partners (private and academic) keeps your scope quite open. My territory is never narrowed down to one specific technical detail. Before Flanders Make I had some management experience for a supplier to the automotive industry. My knowledge background is electro-mechanical and mechatronics. Today one of my projects is totally out of my own field of expertise, it is about additive manufacturing processes."
Click here for the testimonial of Chris, Technical Project Manager since 2016 @Flanders Make.
Flanders Make colleagues work together on projects in Belgium at sites Lommel and Leuven (flexible workplace policy). Depending on your place of residence or preference, you can work in either site Lommel or in site Leuven.
How to apply
To apply, please send your motivation letter and cv to email@example.com. We are looking forward to reading about your story, your interest for Flanders Make and for this job in particular.