Shape the electric vehicle of the future with advanced powertrain concepts
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites all over Flanders, we stimulate open innovation towards high-performant, energy efficient, flexible and autonomous vehicles, eg. by rethinking the powertrain setups. Our demonstration and validation infrastructure includes testing facilities for efficient drives, and a top-notch Hardware-In-the-Loop platform for hybrid vehicle applications.
Rethink the concept of electric powertrains
As an expert in electric drivetrains and mechatronic systems, you:
- Rethink performance and energy efficiency. Can creative actuation concepts, energy storage designs or advanced control systems contribute to better performing systems?;
- Generate new research ideas inspired by new concepts for the electric vehicle of the future (eg. a hybrid truck, an electric forklift, …) & for high tech industrial variants (eg. mobile robot ) and respond to innovation needs of manufacturing companies; Can you think of an alternative energy system replacing the central e-motor?
- Translate your innovative ideas into project proposals;
- Take the technical lead of a research team combining expertise in model based mechatronic system engineering, vehicle dynamics, energy management, battery systems, control, and testing and validation.
Examples of Flanders Make projects:
Creative industrial innovator with a conceptual mind
- Master's degree or PhD in Engineering (Power electronics, Electrical, Mechatronics)
- Proven experience and expertise in electric powertrains and mechatronic systems
- Broad knowledge of machine and/or vehicle dynamics and motion control, modelling, control algorithms, system simulation, sensors and actuators, …;
- Experience in an automotive context is a plus.
- A conceptual thinker inspired by research problems and technological innovation;
- Interested in automotive as well as machine applications;
- Enthusiastic about developing new project ideas;
- Pro-active and taking initiative;
- Open minded and a team player.
Make a difference in automotive and powertrain technology
- Flanders Make gives you the opportunity to develop pre-competitive research within the next-generation vehicle and technologies, together with Flemish and European companies, universities and research institutes;
- An open minded and flexible working environment;
- An attractive salary with additional extralegal advantages.
Flanders Make is working on projects in Leuven and in Lommel. Depending on your place of residence or preference, you can work on one of our sites (flexible workplace policy) or from our satellite office in Kortrijk.
Convinced? Send your motivation letter and cv
Do you feel you can contribute to our research with your expertise? Do you share our values and our mission? We are looking forward to reading about your story, your interest for Flanders Make and for this job in particular.
To apply, please send your motivation letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org