From vision systems design over machine learning to deep learning, you make vision systems smarter using innovative computer vision techniques.
For a variety of real industry cases, we want to increase the intelligence and the efficiency of the camera/product/production system.
e.g. working with autonomous vehicles and self-guided robot applications, product quality inspection, sensor fusion, …
- work together in a research team with experts in control, sensing, and mechanical design;
- take the lead in adding vision capabilities in multidisciplinary mechatronic systems.
With your background in computer vision and image processing algorithms, you will:
- Research, design and implement computer vision algorithms (Python, C++, Matlab);
- Engineer feature extraction methods and decision systems, both rule- and machine learning based;
- Train and deploy classifiers, and augment the system with deep learning algorithms;
- Use leading Computer vision libraries (OpenCV, dlib, ImageJ/Fiji, Halcon);
- Choose the right optics, lenses, illumination; imaging sensors and computing platforms for the challenge;
- Perform camera calibration, and implement stereo/3D imaging architectures;
- Prepare working prototypes and demonstrators.
- A Master or PhD in computer vision or another relevant domain (electronic/mechanical engineering, Computer Science/informatics, Robotics, Mathematics or Physics …);
- Preferably 5 years of experience in research or industry;
- Experience in computer vision algorithm design;
- Familiarity with leading computer vision libraries (OpenCV, dlib, ImageJ/Fiji);
- A deep understanding of machine learning methods and associated software libraries (scikit-learn, pandas, numpy, scipy, weka, Keras, Tensorflow);
- A keen interest in computer vision set-up design and implementation (cameras, imaging sensors and technologies, system-on-chip and other computing platforms).
- Open source software minded, have a good familiarity with Linux systems.
- Passionate about research and new technologies;
- Result oriented, responsible, self-directing;
- Open minded;
- Pro-active and taking initiative;
- Eager to learn.
Working with experts
- Flanders Make offers you the opportunity to develop yourself in a network of top industry players, universities and research institutes;
- An energetic, flexible and challenging working environment;
- A warm and open-minded atmosphere;
- Top colleagues that are expert in their domains opening doors for fruitful collaborations and learning;
- An attractive salary with fringe benefits.
Flanders Make colleagues work together on projects in Belgium at sites Lommel and Leuven (flexible workplace policy). Depending on your place of residence or preference, you can work in either site Lommel or in site Leuven.
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. Our mission is to strengthen the long-term international competitiveness of the Flemish manufacturing industry. That’s why we work together with SMEs and large companies on pre-competitive, industry-driven technological research, resulting in concrete product and production innovation in the vehicle industry, the manufacturing industry, and production environments.
Convinced? Send your motivation letter and CV
Do you feel you can contribute to our research with your expertise? Do you share our values and our mission? We are looking forward to reading about your story, your interest for Flanders Make and for this job in particular.
To apply, please send your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com