As a research engineer you conduct application-oriented research into the workplace of the future. You integrate augmented reality technology into the production process of Flemish companies.
Flanders Make performs research into the workplace of the future where the operator is supported cognitively by the latest multimedia applications (smart glasses, projection, smart displays) and physically by collaborative robots. Items addressed include e.g. dynamic work instructions and training using virtual and augmented reality.
As an expert in augmented reality:
- you work together in a team which combines expertise in the organisation of the “Workplace of the Future” with collaborative robots;
- with the team you figure out a system approach to connect a broad range of problems for the design of the workplace where you focus on augmented reality;
- you implement the augmented reality technology in demonstrators and real life applications;
- you work together with the partners in the industry and universities and the research engineers in our sites in Lommel and Leuven;
- actively trace and present industrial challenges and research opportunities.
- Master or PhD in a relevant domain;
- At least 5 years of experience in research or industry;
- Reliable expertise in augmented reality;
- Interest and competence to work together in a multidisciplinary team and with partners in the industry and universities;
- Relevant experience in technology projects for real-life applications.
- passionate about research and new technologies;
- a listening ear for industrial needs;
- a team player who can build sustainable relationships with all the partners and colleagues;
- empathic and interested in the operators and their wellbeing;
- eager to learn.
Working with experts
- Flanders Make offers you the opportunity to develop yourself in a network of top industry players, universities and research institutes;
- An energetic, flexible and challenging working environment;
- A warm and open-minded atmosphere;
- Top colleagues that are expert in their domains opening doors for fruitful collaborations and learning;
- An attractive salary with fringe benefits.
Flanders Make colleagues work together on projects in Belgium at sites Lommel and Leuven (flexible workplace policy). Depending on your place of residence or preference, you can work in either site Lommel or in site Leuven.
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. Our mission is to strengthen the long-term international competitiveness of the Flemish manufacturing industry. That’s why we work together with SMEs and large companies on pre-competitive, industry-driven technological research, resulting in concrete product and production innovation in the vehicle industry, the manufacturing industry, and production environments.
This animation movie illustrates how Flanders Make sees operators functioning in the factory of the future, working side by side with cobots, and autonomous mobile robots.
Take a look at our research and our projects:
Convinced? Send your motivation letter and cv
Do you feel you can contribute to our Production Systems research with your expertise? Do you share our values and our mission? We are looking forward to reading about your story, your interest for Flanders Make and for this job in particular.
To apply, please send your motivation letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org