You model innovative powertrain designs for electric/hybrid motion systems, add advanced control systems, simulate and validate on a top-notch Hardware-in-the loop setup.
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites all over Flanders, we stimulate open innovation towards high-performant, energy efficient, flexible and autonomous vehicles, eg. by rethinking the powertrain setups. Our demonstration and validation infrastructure includes testing facilities for efficient drives, and a top-notch Hardware-In-the-Loop platform for hybrid vehicle applications.
Design advanced electric powertrains & develop the active control
As a powertrain engineer for automotive and mechatronic systems, you:
- Redesign powertrains/actuators and develop the active control for a variety of (beyond) state-of-the art technologies;
- For a wide scala of automotive & other industrial applications (the e-vehicle, a fruit picking robot, a forklift, a suspension in a car,…);
- Work together in a research team combining expertise in model based mechatronic system engineering, vehicle dynamics, energy management, battery systems, control, and testing and validation;
- Make design choices for better performing electric/hybrid powertrains, taking into account the total cost of ownership;
- Use Hardware-in-the-loop testing systems to evaluate the operation of system components and to study system behavior on innovative new designs.
Examples of Flanders Make projects:
Creative industrial innovator with a conceptual mind
- Master's degree or PhD in Engineering (Power electronics, Electrical, Mechatronics)
- Proven experience and expertise in electric powertrains and mechatronic systems
- Broad knowledge of machine and/or vehicle dynamics and motion control, modelling, control algorithms, system simulation, sensors and actuators, instrumentation, hardware-in-the-loop systems..;
- Experience in an automotive context is a plus.
- A conceptual thinker inspired by research problems and technological innovation;
- Interested in automotive as well as machine applications;
- Pro-active and taking initiative;
- Open minded and a team player.
Make a difference in automotive & smart machine technology
- Flanders Make gives you the opportunity to develop pre-competitive research within the next-generation vehicle machine and technologies, together with Flemish and European companies, universities and research institutes;
- An open minded and flexible working environment;
- An attractive salary with additional extralegal advantages.
Flanders Make is working on projects in Leuven and in Lommel. Depending on your place of residence or preference, you can work on one of our sites (flexible workplace policy) or from our satellite office in Kortrijk.
Convinced? Send your motivation letter and cv
Do you feel you can contribute to our research with your expertise? Do you share our values and our mission? We are looking forward to reading about your story, your interest for Flanders Make and for this job in particular.
To apply, please send your motivation letter and cv to email@example.com