Hybrid vehicle with in-wheel electric motors and active suspension
We took a standard Range Rover Evoque and converted its standard powertrain to a P4 hybrid-through-the-road powertrain with in-wheel electric motors. In addition, each rear wheel is fitted with active suspension. The car now serves as a research and test platform for vehicle control aspects (e.g. torque vectoring) and research into improving driving comfort.
Location: Flanders Make - Lommel
- P4 hybrid-through-the-road drivetrain:
- The front wheels are driven by the original combustion engine and transmission;
- Each rear wheel is driven by an in-wheel electric motor.
- Each rear wheel is equipped with active suspension;
- dSPACE rapid prototyping platform with possibilities to connect additional sensors.
What do we offer?
The vehicle serves as a research and testing platform for electrification and improving driving comfort. You can validate your own solutions or use our test vehicle to develop and try out innovative ideas.