Electrical Variable Transmissions (EVT) Testing
Can you imagine the range of applications for a transmission without gliding or sliding contact surfaces, a transmission which is moreover continuously variable in an electrical manner?
In one of our labs we have a unique set-up including an electrical variable transmission from EVT BV. Furthermore we have a toolset that includes:
- static and dynamic models;
- methods to optimise the operating points;
- scaling laws;
- a design methodology.
The complete set-up has Hardware-In-the-Loop capabilities which allow you to evaluate the feasibility of the EVT for your application.
- a 120 kW Prototype permanent magnet EVT
- a 30 kW induction machine that emulates a source (combustion engine)
- a 30 kW induction machine that emulates a load profile
- a 100 kW & 150 kW automotive inverter
- Water cooling for the EVT and the two inverters
- Torque measurement
- Forced air cooling
What do we offer?
This test set-up is available:
- to evaluate the feasibility of the EVT for your application.