We provide services and access to our infrastructure for thermal systems and their components. We have a fully instrumented ORC system drivetrain (Organic Rankine Cycle) available including:
- a generator, expander and pump;
- a heat sink and variable heat source;
- a heat pump system.
We have dedicated setups available to evaluate the heat transfer of heat exchangers, cooling plates and heat pipes:
- a wind tunnel for heat transfer and pressure drop measurements;
- a water tunnel for flow visualization experiments;
- a setup for the determination and visualisation of flow regime and void fraction in tubes.
Finally, we are able to perform thermal conductivity measurements and we have a climate chamber available.
ORC system with
- Electric thermal oil heater
- 0-250 kWth, max T 350°C
- water-glycol cooling loop (air cooled) cond T ambient to ca 120°C
- 11kWe nominal electric power ORC test setup
- centrifugal pump test rig
- thermal imaging camera
- flue gas analyser
Specifications of our other setups
- a guarded hot plate method (ISO8302 and NBN B62-201)
- a parallel hotwire method (NBN B62-202)
- a climate chamber (control of temperature and humidity) of 150 x 150 x 150cm³
What do we offer?
We offer the test rigs for:
- Evaluation of the performance of ORC systems, including its components
- Evaluation of heat transfers of heat exchangers, cooling plates and heat pipes
- Thermal conductivity measurements
Are you interested in these services? Do you want to make use of our equipment? Or do you need consulting?
The following companies have already made use of this test rig: