The SmartFactory platform is our mobile production unit of the future. With this platform, we demonstrate how we can make tailored products at the cost of batch production. This is possible through the efficient use of new technologies and production methods and thanks to the smart communication between the different modules. For this, we already work together with organisations such as IBM, Bosch Rexroth and Pils.
Still, we still wish to expand our network and are looking for companies that want to join our active research into tomorrow’s connected production environment. By matching the knowledge and technologies of the partners involved in real production environments, participating companies can also learn how they can set up their own flexible production system that can be easily adapted to new product variants. SmartFactoryBNL demonstrates this with the fully automatic production of personalised business card holders.
Smart FactoryBNL is also a continuously evolving platform that has the ambition to continue adding extra features and functionalities.
The SmartFactory initiative was first developed in the German Research Centre for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI). Flanders Make saw the potential of this concept and brought it to the Benelux. We teamed up with automation technology providers and manufacturing companies that are active in Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxemburg. With their support, we’ve been able to develop the first SmartFactoryBNL platform: a manufacturer-independent mobile Industry 4.0 production unit.
As entrepreneur, you always want to stay one step ahead of the competition. The full-fledged digitisation of the production environment is therefore inevitable. By joining the SmartFactory programme, you will learn everything about the technological possibilities in an Industry 4.0 production unit. You will also acquire valuable knowhow from the demonstration platform and be able to apply it in your own company.
Why you should participate:
- Keep up with state-of-the-art Industry 4.0 technology.
- Develop a vision for the future of your production department.
- Use the platform as demonstrator on your events.
- Test communication methods thanks to the platform’s maximum compatibility with the German SmartFactory initiative in Kaiserslautern.
- Participate in workshops focussing on the development of new demonstration platforms.
- Get support for the technological transfer to your company.
Who can join SmartFactory Benelux?
The SmartFactoryBNL programme focuses on the following entrepreneurs and business managers:
- Automation technology suppliers
- Robot manufacturers
- Suppliers of IT solutions
- Suppliers of Augmented Reality solutions
- Manufacturing software developers and providers
- Providers of production simulation tools
- Production system integrators
- Manufacturing companies