Top Technology on tour
Although we are not organizing our annual Flanders Make Symposium this year, we would still like to offer you a glimpse of the future of our industry. That is why we invite you to our first Top Technology on Tour: a roadshow for small-scale gatherings throughout Flanders, focusing on our latest and most promising technological developments.
On November 24, we open the Brabanthal in Leuven for a 3-hour event where you will discover:
- Our vision on current trends that will determine the future of the industry
- The main results of our technological research
During a guided demonstration tour, we will show our latest technological developments and, at the same time, give you the opportunity to talk directly with the top experts involved. In addition, we will provide an opportunity to meet – in small groups – business managers, CTOs and R&D-managers of large companies and SMEs. In this way, we aim to inspire you to fully commit to technological innovation within your company in order to remain competitive in challenging conditions.
Throughout the day, sessions for 20 participants will start every half hour. The complete 3-hour technology tour includes:
- A Flanders Make introduction on the status & trends of our industry
- A guided tour, in small groups, showing our most promising technological developments
- Opportunity to meet - in small groups - business managers, CTOs and R&D-managers of large companies and SMEs with drinks and, depending on the time frame, a lunch or a fine selection of snacks
2 guided tours
We offer 2 different guided demo tours:
- The product design tour - which focuses on the latest product innovations.
Here we will demonstrate, a.o., a tractor that autonomously picks and unloads pallets, machine drivetrains and potential performance optimisations (e.g. a fast pick & place unit for a cold forming machine), a smart vehicle with in-wheel motors and active shock absorbers for enhanced driving comfort on speed bumps, and much more …
- The production optimisation tour - which focuses on the latest innovations for production environments.
Here we will demonstrate, a.o., how to automatically detect assembly issues based on CAD designs of the assembled product, how to assess the quality of work instructions using sensor data of an assembly task execution, how a mobile robot autonomously loads a production machine, and much more …
Our experts will take you, in groups of 10 people, on a guided tour. So there will be plenty of time for discussion along the way.
What: Top Technology on Tour - Leuven
When: 24 November 2020
Where: Brabanthal - Brabantlaan 1, 3001 Leuven
- We allow a maximum of 20 people to start at a predefined starting hour (clearly mentioned on your ticket)
- Starting hours are 10h00, 10h30, 11h00, 11h30, 12h00, 13h00, 13h30, 14h00, 14h30 and 15h00.
- The demonstrations are given in 2 seperate tours (You join a product design tour or a production optimisation tour - 10 people each)
- 3 hours total event time
- Other dates and locations:
You can register via Eventbrite for the product design tour or the production optimisation tour at your desired starting hour. The entrance fee is €80 (members) & €100 (non-members).
We take all the necessary Covid-19 protection measures. Your safety is our main concern. We work with mandatory registrations and limit the number of attendees per session. The guided tours will be organised in small groups and follow a very strict time schedule.