You set up research projects with top companies in Flanders to develop autonomous machines, robots and vehicles. You and your team execute the projects by modeling the system design, the controller and testing and validating the autonomous systems in the brand new lab infrastructure.
Flanders Make researchers help manufacturing companies in making high-performance, flexible and autonomous machines, robots and vehicles, f.e. by rethinking the entire system architecture using a variety of (beyond) state-of-the art technologies.
DEVELOP INTELLIGENT, SELF-LEARNING SUPERVISORY CONTROLLERS
As an expert in autonomous systems, modelling, control and simulation, you:
- Rethink the system architecture for autonomous motion systems for a wide scala of industrial applications (a fruit picking robot, a forklift, a weaving machine, a suspension in a car,…);
- Understand the industry needs, inspired by the research objectives and research infrastructure of Flanders Make;
- Translate innovative ideas into project proposals;
- Take the lead of work packages or projects and work together with a research team combining expertise in control, model based mechatronic system engineering, autonomous systems and vehicle dynamics;
In research projects your valuable input will help us to:
- Develop a new system architecture
- Tackle challenges in model-based optimal control, self-learning control systems, situation modelling and shared human/machine control;
- Make design choices taking into account the total cost of ownership.
Examples of Flanders Make projects:
In several Flanders Make projects, technology is being developed for high performance autonomous mechatronic systems: http://www.flandersmake.be/en/high-performance-autonomous-mechatronic-systems
iCOMPOSE : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek0wgkpD6gM
Creative industrial innovator with a conceptual mind
- Master's degree or PhD in Engineering (Modelling & Simulation, Control systems, Mechatronics, Robotics, Automotive .. );
- Proven experience and expertise in autonomous systems and modelling, control and simulation;
- Broad knowledge of machine and/or vehicle dynamics and motion control, modelling, control algorithms, system simulation, sensors and actuators, signal processing & instrumentation,..;
- Experience in an automotive context is a plus.
- A conceptual thinker inspired by research problems and technological innovation;
- A good listener and communicator who can build sustainable relationships;
- Pro-active and taking initiative;
- Enthusiastic about developing new project ideas;
- Open minded and a team player.
Make a difference in mechatronic technology
- Flanders Make gives you the opportunity to develop pre-competitive research within the next-generation vehicle machine and technologies, together with Flemish and European companies, universities and research institutes;
- An open minded and
- An with additional extralegal advantages.
Flanders Make colleagues work together on projects in Belgium at site Lommel and at site Leuven (flexible workplace policy).
Depending on your place of residence or preference, you can work in our offices in Lommel or in Leuven.
Convinced? Send your motivation letter and cv
Do you feel you can contribute to our research with your expertise? Do you share our values and our mission? We are looking forward to reading about your story, your interest for Flanders Make and for this job in particular.
To apply, please send your motivation letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org