You set up research projects with top manufacturing companies in Flanders and rethink the assembly process. You combine new technologies and new concepts in flexible assembly work cells.
For high tech companies with assembly focused processes, with products like smart and highly automated machines and/or vehicles, Flanders Make conducts technological research to strengthen these companies’ product and process innovation.
Set up research projects for new flexible assembly work cells
Manufacturing companies will have to meet somehow the climbing demand for customized products, at the cost of mass production.
For several high-tech manufacturing companies in Flanders, you set up research projects to:
- Collect the requirements for assembly work cells for product families.
- Design the concepts and the architecture of flexible assembly work cells, integrating new technologies w.r.t. interconnectivity, sensors, cobots, operator support, augmented reality, etc.
- Validate the performance, flexibility and operator acceptance ofthe new flexible assembly work cells
With a realistic view on a machine assembly process, you:
- Take the technical lead of a multidisciplinary research team, combining expertise in intuitive robot programming; augmented and virtual reality applications; cognitive information sharing; sensing; actuation; motion control; decision making and model based mechatronic system engineering with your knowledge and experience from automation or production engineer;
- Are a technological sparring partner for the manufacturing companies;
- Get involved in other projects concerning product design, to address the product assembly aspects.
Industrial assembly production engineer with a conceptual mind
- Master's degree or PhD in Engineering (Mechatronics (Mech., Electr., Electron.), Modelling & Simulation, Automotive, Control systems, Robotics, ..);
- Track record of at least 10 years in an industrial assembly setting or production systems or hard automation
- Affinity with high tech; robotics and/or, smart and interconnected machines
- Experience in co-design ofproduct (machine) and production system (assembly work cell) is a big plus;
- Experience in leading projects and teams is also a plus.
- A conceptual thinker inspired by research problems and technological innovation;
- A good listener and communicator who can build sustainable relationships;
- Pro-active and taking initiative;
- Enthusiastic about developing new project ideas;
- Open minded and a team player.
Be creative and work together with experts in technological innovations
- Flanders Make gives you the opportunity to develop pre-competitive research within the next-generation vehicle, machine and manufacturing technologies, together with Flemish and European companies, universities and research institutes;
- An open minded and
- An with additional fringe benefits.
Flanders Make colleagues work together on projects in Belgium at site Lommel and at site Leuven (flexible workplace policy).
Depending on your place of residence or preference, you can work in our offices in Lommel or in Leuven.
Convinced? Send your motivation letter and cv
Do you feel you can contribute to our research with your expertise? Do you share our values and our mission? We are looking forward to reading about your story, your interest for Flanders Make and for this job in particular.
To apply, please send your motivation letter and cv to email@example.com.