You set up research projects with top companies in Flanders reinventing electric and hybrid drivetrains. You and your team model the new drivetrain design, add advanced control systems, simulate and validate on a top-knotch Hardware-in-the loop setup.
Flanders Make researchers help companies in making high-performance, flexible and autonomous machines and vehicles, f.e. by rethinking the drivetrain setups in their machines, robots or vehicles. Flanders Make‘s demonstration and validation infrastructure in Lommel includes testing facilities for efficient drives, and is expanding with a top-knotch Hardware-In-the-Loop platform and hybrid vehicle applications.
Rethink the design of advanced drivetrains and develop the active control
As an expert in electric drivetrains and mechatronic systems, control or simulation, you:
- Rethink performance and energy efficiency of a variety of (beyond) state-of-the art technologies in a wide scala of industrial applications (a fruit picking robot, a forklift, a weaving machine, a suspension in a car,…);
- Understand the industry needs, inspired by the research objectives and hardware-in-the-loop as well as other infrastructure of Flanders Make;
- Translate this innovative ideas into project proposals;
- Take the lead of work packages or projects and work together with a research team combining expertise in control, model based mechatronic system engineering, vehicle dynamics, testing and validation.
In research projects your valuable input will help us to:
- Redesign drivetrains/actuators and develop the active control;
- Make design choices taking into account the total cost of ownership.
- Use Hardware-in-the-loop simulation systems to evaluate the operation of system components and to study system behavior on innovative new designs.
Examples of Flanders Make projects:
In Emtechno, another Flanders Make project, a new generation of variable transmissions is being developed: http://www.flandersmake.be/nl/over-ons/nieuws/30102015-een-nieuwe-generatie-variabele-transmissies
Creative industrial innovator with a conceptual mind
Master's degree or PhD in Engineering (Electrics, Mechatronics, Power electronics,…)
Proven experience and expertise in electric drivetrains and mechatronic systems
Broad knowledge of machine and/or vehicle dynamics and motion control, modelling, control algorithms, system simulation, sensors and actuators, instrumentation, hardware-in-the-loop systems..;
Experience in an automotive context is a plus.
A conceptual thinker inspired by research problems and technological innovation;
A good listener and communicator who can build sustainable relationships;
Enthusiastic about developing new project ideas;
Pro-active and taking initiative;
Open minded and a team player.
Make a difference in mechatronic technology
Flanders Make gives you the opportunity to develop pre-competitive research within the next-generation vehicle machine and technologies, together with Flemish and European companies, universities and research institutes;
An open minded and
An with additional extralegal advantages.
Flanders Make colleagues work together on projects in Belgium at site Lommel and at site Leuven (flexible workplace policy).
Depending on your place of residence or preference, you can work in our offices in Lommel or in Leuven.
Convinced? Send your motivation letter and cv
Do you feel you can contribute to our research with your expertise? Do you share our values and our mission? We are looking forward to reading about your story, your interest for Flanders Make and for this job in particular.
To apply, please send your motivation letter and cv to email@example.com