As an expert or a high potential in functional safety, you will execute research projects, developing the intelligent and autonomous vehicles of the future (cars, drones, AGV’s, …).
Challenge the design for hazards
You will work together in a research team that sets up the system architecture and testing procedures for new automation functionalities in highly automated vehicles for a variety of industry partners (automotive sector, AGVs, public transport, logistic transportation, drones, 'follow-me' vehicles, ...).
Being highly involved in every stage of the development, you are responsible to make sure that the new system will achieve the required level of safety integrity.
More specific, you:
- think about the electric/electronical design together with your team;
- map possible hazards and risks caused by the malfunctioning behavior of electronic and electrical systems, taking into account the (A)SIL level of the vehicle application;
- challenge your team members to see the vulnerabilities of the design (“What if…”)
- perform safety analyses. From the first idea until the execution phase, using standards to follow up on the safety of items and system elements;
- impact directly on the architecture concept with your results;
- figure out which tests will be needed to prove the functional safety is sufficient.
Our team is currently working on several high-performance autonomous mechatronic systems, always aiming to implement a proof of concept of the new technology in demonstrators for the participating companies.
Creative mind with passion for functional safety
- A Master or PhD in Engineering (Electrical, Electronical, Automotive or Safety Critical Engineering);
- Broad knowledge in vehicle technology and modelling software (SysML modeling, MATLAB/Simulink);
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python, C++, relational SQL data bases) is a plus.
- Some experience with techniques for analyses (e.g. FMEDA, FMEA, HARA, HAZOP, FTA);
- Knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO26262, ISO61508), or the willingness to learn these standards on short notice;
- Track record in functional safety is highly appreciated, preferably in automotive or in a related sector.
- Passionate about functional safety and new technologies;
- Creative and able to turn ideas into high-tech solutions;
- A confident communicator;
- A team player who can build sustainable relationships;
- Analytic and systematic in your approach;
- Research-minded and eager to learn.
Direct impact on top-technology and automated vehicles
We offer you
- The opportunity to develop yourself in the network of top industry and universities and research institutes;
- An open-minded, flexible and challenging working environment;
- A warm atmosphere and top colleagues;
- An attractive salary with fringe benefits.
Your future colleagues work together on projects in Belgium at site Lommel and at site Leuven (flexible workplace policy). For this position most assignments will be situated in Lommel.
Convinced? Send your motivation letter and cv
Do you feel you can contribute to our research with your expertise? Do you share our values and our mission? We are looking forward to reading about your story, your interest for Flanders Make and for this job in particular.
To apply, please send your motivation letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org